Mawaru Penguindrum cosplay photoset.
Hitomi(myself) as Takakura Himari.
Lain as Takakura Shoma.
Lisa as Takakura Kanba.
Mel as Oginome Ringo.
Photography by Elias Lopez.
Mawaru Penguindrum: Ringo Curry Recipe
After seeing the stuffed rolled omelette recipe, I really wanted to write down the curry recipe and share it with tumblr! Besides, sharing curry with the one you love is whats important, right?
- Chicken - x3 boneless fillets (or volume equivalent), cut into cubes
- Onion - x1, diced
- Garlic - x1 clove, minced
- Chicken Curry Powder
- Potatoes - ~3-4, cubed
- Carrots - ~4-5, cut into smaller lengths
- Granny Smith Apples - x2, peeled, de-cored, wedged, and cut into smaller bits
This recipe is very flexible. You can adjust the relative amount of chicken, potato, and carrot to your tastes. For Tabuki’s curry, Ringo used less carrots, and even grinded them, while overloading on the potatoes, as per Tubuki’s supposed preference. You can even swap one meat type for another, as the meat used in episode 3 was pork.
- Sautee the garlic and onion in a pan with 1-2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat. When it starts to give off an aroma, add the cuts of chicken. Mix thoroughly on medium to high heat to let the flavor settle into the meat until it slightly darkens. You don’t need to cook it all the way. You can start step 2 at the same time, but once step 1 is finished, you can leave it off to the side.
- Boil the potatoes, apples, and carrots in a separate pot with 2-3 cups of chicken broth (or alternatively, 2-3 cups of water with 2 tablespoons of chicken broth powder). Each ingredient takes a different about of time to boil completely, so you will want to put in the potatoes first, then add the apples after 10 minutes, and finally the carrots about 6-7 minutes after that.
- Add the contents from the pan in step 1 to the stock, and let the chicken boil through. in the meantime, create curry roux using the original pan. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on low to medium heat, and add curry powder to the butter in small increments until the liquid becomes thick. if there is still some curry powder remaining from the pack, feel free to add more butter to soften the roux, so you can add the rest to thicken it up again.
- Let the pot simmer down after boiling, then add the roux to the pot to thicken the sauce. the sauce is further thickened by some of the potato and apple that were dissolved into the mix throughout the boiling process. Let the pit simmer while you stir on low heat.
- Serve in approximately equal parts with rice, and enjoy!
shit makes so much more sense now
24’s end card.